Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SCRE4M

Scream makes a triumphant return to the horror genre with Scream 4, the ultimate reboot/sequel. The Scream series has always been my favorite series due to its clever plotline, the mystery of the killer, and of course the fun of trying to figure out the big question, "Who's next?" Scream 4, I'll admit did not do too well at the box office. It was, in my point of view a love/hate situation for many of the die-hard fans. I myself loved it, but then again, I am a huge fan of the series. Most people quoted that it was "the same movie for the 4th time." I can't really agree with this. Although it had the same familiar feeling of the Scream series, it brought a strange but welcome difference to the series that separated it from its predecessors. A new modernized kind of Scream. It kept the same movie jokes and references that made the series what it was. It brought back the 3 main characters from the 1st trilogy, and even added new ones to be picked off. To me, the film was a great success and was a welcome edition to the series of movies. I will be looking forward to Scream 5 (or 5CREAM) if Wes Craven is doing it, and hope to see it sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment